A new Posture Shift leader certification initiative to train the next 600,000 leaders on biblically sound LGBT+ church inclusion
Already licensed? Log into Trainer Portal
Join us in writing a new church history.
Decades of mistreatment, rejection, exclusion, and misunderstanding from the Church have damaged relational trust and barred LGBT+ people from access to the Gospel. Many desire to love well — yet most remain uncomfortable relating directly with LGBT+ people.
As we speak, a new church history is underway in which LGBT+ people experience rich, meaningful fellowship in their faith communities. And now, it’s developing more swiftly than ever. Our new Train50 initiative will empower leaders to train and equip 600,000 Christians!
Same Course. Same Price. Two Tracks.
Our training courses are intended to help leaders implement a Posture Shift at your church or ministry.
Posture Shift “Get Trained” Track:
Anyone can get trained! All who care for LGBT+ people can gain practical insights for enhancing biblically sound care for LGBT+ people.
Train50 “Train Others” Track:
We license organizations (not individuals). Obtain licensure to teach Posture Shift across your entire church or ministry. Trainers must be pastors, staff, or elders.
- Gospel in a Generational Shift
- Biblical Basis for Posture Shift
- LGBT+ People Through a Missiological Lens
- What It’s Like to Grow Up LGBT+
- Suicidal Risks and Statistics
- Importance of a Level Playing Field
- Gay Community’s Vulnerable History
- How to Respond When Teens Come Out
- Guiding Parents When Kids Come Out
- How to Care for Suicidal Youth
- How to Care for Transgender Teens
- 8 Effective Principles to Outreach
- “Lateral Distractions” Relational Model
- 32 Tips for a Strong Relational Witness
- Best Practice Care Model
- Building a Sustainable Support System
- Biblically Sound Inclusion Model
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Attendee Questions
- Table Discussion
- People Studies
“Highly practical, biblical, and mission-focused.”
– Thomas H.,
Fall 2019 Attendee
“I see hope for my church.”
– Maya R.,
Winter 2019 Attendee
“I took home new ways of thinking, practical ideas and models for ministry.”
– Paul T.,
Fall 2020 Attendee
“Do whatever it takes to get this training.”
– Grace P.,
Spring 2020 Attendee
- Licensure is exclusively for church or ministry staff.
- We only license organizations. We do not license individuals.
- Licensed Organizations select their own Licensed Trainers.
- Licensed Trainers must be pastors, staff or elders.
- Licensed Trainers have access to Posture Shift Portal.
- Posture Shift Portal contains teaching and video tools.
- Annual Portal Fee and Course Handbook purchase required.
- We license national, regional or local churches and ministries.
- Training restricted to “your” people within “your” organization.
2-Day Posture Shift (or Train50) Course
Why must Trainers be on staff?
We encourage our Licensed Organization partners to train “top-down” from executive staff and governance leaders. Once buy-in is secure, then training can extend to lay leaders — including life group, adult discipleship, and youth ministry leaders (among others). Teaching throughout your congregation as staff will demonstrate your ownership in making your church more inclusive and caring.
Remember, everyone can attend Posture Shift in order to more generously live out Christ’s love for LGBT+ people.
Frequently Asked Questions